My Etsy Store
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
After hurting someone, I might cut myself some slack, if there were mitigating circumstances.
Hopefully, I make sincere efforts to never repeat the injurious offense, while simultaneously being compassionate to myself.
However, when someone hurts me, it’s easy to attribute the worst possible motive, and therefore condemn that person, in a wrongful fit of moral superiority. Compassion has fled.
So I usually try to cut people who wrong me some slack. I’m not saying I’ll be a doormat, but that condemning someone tends to only fuel hostility and wrongdoing.
Compassion bestows dignity, allowing someone to recognize and cease their wrongful action.
Condemnation fosters conflict.
Compassion nurtures mutual understanding and positive change.
Whether you want a teacher of magic, marketing, or anything else, check out these seven cautionary tips:
1) When a teacher has a site, consider the following. If the site’s graphics speak to your heart, the offerings sound perfect, the sales pitch is passionate, and the testimonials rock, that is great. I hope it describes my site! But it is not enough. The truth is in the pudding: Is there content on the site, such as a blog that helps you achieve your goals? If not, the classes may be just as empty.
3) Beware cheap and free offers. There are many good reasons people give freebies and low cost services. One reason I give freebies is that I adore my clients, LOL. But some folks’ low cost or gratis items and services are the same ol’ info and tools that never helped you reach your goals.
4) Look beyond credentials to the person and lineage behind them. Degrees and certification might represent immense knowledge and experience, or they might indicate nothing of value. Even some prestigious credentials are worthless. We’ve all seen curriculums that receive a lot of positive attention that is undeserved. Trust your fine mind and gut reaction to determine whether a teacher and their material are worthy of you; your opinions—not credentials—are the final measure.
5) Use common sense regarding negative feedback about the teacher. On the one hand, ignoring others’ experiences can lead you down a path that you later regret. On the other hand, the brightest lights often attract the most attacks, including outright lies. Note whether bad feedback hints at its writer being on an ego trip or having a hidden agenda.
For example, some publishers hire writers to write negative reviews about competitors’ books. I’ve read Amazon reader reviews that refer to remarks and premises in my books that are not actually in my books. The reviewers argue so cogently against what I supposedly said that, had I not known the book’s actual content, I would’ve thought I am a creep who writes dangerous texts. In the same vein, people who want to monopolize and control the conversation in whatever field they teach will slander other teachers; their sheep-like students pile on more slander.
6) Beware the teacher who says—or even implies—that your own insights and experiences are invalid or second rate compared to what she can give you. A good teacher respects your experiences and insights. Some teachers think they are the only gate to knowledge, power, and victory. Ick! Do not bow down to any Grand Poobah of magic, marketing, music, or other field of study! Yes, a teacher might have unique material not available elsewhere. But that is not the same as stating or even implying that other approaches, including their potential students’, are invalid. A good teacher shares her insights and techniques, while also honoring your own, and helping you both deepen them and find more of them.
7) The newest is not always the best. For example, new rhetoric can hide the same old useless—and even oppressive—tools and ideas. Trust time-tested material: Go with someone whose work you trust because you benefited from their books, blogs, or previous services.
Bottom line: Your time and money are precious. Don’t waste either on false promises, dubious bargains, manipulative web design, and haughty leaders.
Hmm, there is an additional bottom line. I do not want you, years from now, to suffer by looking back and thinking that, despite everything you’ve spent on innumerable “amazing” items and services, your life didn’t improve. There is no need to spend years frustrated, spinning your wheels.
Instead, use the above tips. You deserve someone who meets your needs and respects your worth.
If someone you love is looking for a teacher, please share this post with them to spare them heartbreakingly mediocre teachers and Grand Poobahs.
Please join me for a May Day ritual, Sunday May 3, from 4:00 to 5:00 EST.
Mayday is a perfect time to find and honor joy. The World Tree blesses us with immense joy, if we can only discover it.
Mayday is a perfect time to become aware of and honor possibility. The World Tree blesses us with immense possibilities.
Ritual celebration aligns us with those possibilities, and in that alignment we become magical.
Come celebrate the magic around us and within us. Let it create joy, possibilities, abundance, and fulfillment for you.
The event is a group phone call. Free and open to all. (Your usual long-distance charges apply, and appear on your phone bill).
No experience needed.
To participate, call 1-712-775-7000. When prompted, enter 1095248#. Dial three to five minutes before 4:00; it can take a bit to connect, and latecomers are not allowed.
Click here for free Enewsletter. Take a mystic journey.
An Extraordinary Event for Extraordinary People, starts June.
Sixty-five years old, I’m healthier every year, and far (far!) more physically capable than when I became disabled in 2001.
Many people say my self-healing was miraculous, so I should teach my approach. Until now, I’d not taught it, despite my longing to, because most people won’t go to the lengths I did.
That wasn’t a year and a half of passive waiting, but a year and half of aggressive physical therapy exercise.
However, most people get discouraged after a few months and stop trying.
Now I sit all day and do all sorts of other things again, too.
A second example: When I urge someone to be proactive about health, they usually respond, ‘Yes, I’m going to talk to my doctor about changing my meds.”‘
That response is telling. Being on top of your meds, instead of leaving them entirely to the doctor, is vital. But usually people who give me that response believe it’s the sum total of proactivity.
They’re leaving their health entirely in the hands of medication, instead of medication being part of total self-care, which includes diet, lifestyle, spiritual shifts, etc.
So I didn’t teach the methods that kept me alive (yes, alive!) and thriving(!), because they’re not suitable to most people.
But today, I remembered I don’t teach “most people.” My clients are exceptional.
Do you have health challenges? Join this group for people committed to health. I’m finally willing to share what I did to heal myself.
It is multifaceted. Here’s what you get, in this three month healing:
Being proactive doesn’t mean you have to go it alone. You receive a shamanic treatment three days a week, for three months. The treatment shapes itself to your needs—healing and strengthening you physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Ongoing blessings!
Intimated by the idea of doing everything needed to be healthy? Taking action on the mundane plane (e.g., diet change or stress reduction), plus making relevant spiritual shifts, is a lot!
I understand the challenge. Moving toward death, I was so weak I needed someone to write my checks to pay bills (online billing was nonexistent or new). Now I have another 20 years in me! It seems miraculous to me that I type again, put pen to paper again, go for walks, lift my cat up to cuddle her.
You can take responsibility for your health, because along with everything else it does, the shamanic treatment will constantly fortify you.
2) Tribe meetings, by phone. In healing circles, you’ll learn the unique rituals and insights I channeled to heal myself. They empower you to
* Be a warrior who fights for your health.
* Recognize when you should stop fighting,
* and relax instead so you allow healing.
* Heal according to your unique problems and personality.
* Bring forth innate powers and wisdom that you might not apply enough.
Also receive personal attention. During tribe meetings, I’ll individualize my healing methods: you’ll learn psychic techniques tailored to your specific self-healing needs. I’ll also intuit A) the spiritual underpinnings of your health problem and B) methods to shift those underpinnings.
The group meets every other week, for an hour, by group phone call, for a total of seven meetings. Simply dial the phone to participate.
We meet alternate Thursdays, from 6:00 to 7:00 PM EST, starting Thursday June 4. Reserve Thursday, Sept 3 same time, for a makeup class in case I’m unavailable for one of the planned sessions.
(Shamanic treatments start June 1, a few days before class, to begin our healing and empowerment before we even gather.)
4) Full color digital talisman, geared specifically to your healing and empowerment. February, I started painting symbols for this event, to have enough time to create quality work. I’ll keep painting—truly original pieces—until about a month into our healing journey, then email your talisman to you as a JPEG.
Here is one of the jpegs. To see its fine detail, instead of a blurred version, click on it:
I’m painting in trance, so my Gods create the pictures. When enrollment’s complete, I’ll ask Them which painting is exactly right for you. (I retain full copyright of my art. Commercial use of the piece is available at additional cost.)
I magically activate each painting. The email includes instructions to receive the symbol’s blessings almost effortlessly.
Creating the health we deserve requires something huge. So I’m offering you something huge! I’ll go to major lengths for your healing, because you were born to live fully, not deprived by poor health.
I’m so committed to your health that I’m adding a fifth empowerment. Well, actually, it’s three! I choose three of my paintings to send you—limited first edition prints, numbered and signed by me. This would usually cost $114!
These channeled paintings are sacred artifacts, sent to you with a statement of the specific blessings each bestows, plus easy instructions on how to receive these blessings.
I’ll accept sixteen people into this group.
Pay securely with PayPal, with two options. Both are big savings:
Option 1) Choose three easy, automatic monthly payments of $170. Total cost: $510. Payments appear on the credit card associated with your PayPal account. This option is available if you have a PayPal account. Use the Subscribe button.
Option 2) Pay all up front to save $100. Total cost: $410. You don’t need a PayPal account. Use the Pay Now button.
You might pay long-distance charges to call the event’s number (a U.S. area code), depending on your long-distance plan. Charges would appear on your phone bill.
Upon payment, your place is reserved, and I email you event phone number, etc. Refunds unavailable. For more info, or to discuss scholarship, partial scholarship, or trade, call 814-337-2490. I do not discuss this work by email.
This three month process can be used as one of the electives needed before advanced Third Road training.
No experience needed. But adepts are deeply impacted.
Get support to take care of you. We will do this! You can achieve maximum health. Enroll now.
This event does not substitute for medical care by a physician, psychiatric counseling, or other therapeutic treatment. Participants are personally responsible for the consequences of their voluntary participation. Francesca’s approach is extraordinarily effective, but might not work for some individuals.
Rommy, check out the pic below. I had my painting of a Phoenix laser-engraved on wood, to make a pendant.
This is not something I will sell. I wanted to wear my painting as a pendant for so long, but couldn’t find an economically viable way that was also aesthetically pleasing. Finally found Deborah Ross, who did this custom work for me, beautifully and affordably.
You’ve said you love this painting of mine so many times that I had a second pendant made, in case you want it. It would be a gift, not a purchase.
I want this pendant going to the right person. So let me know if you feels like it’s “yours.” If not, I won’t be offended. I’ll just know it belongs to someone else. And I’ll give you a gift someday that suits you better, LOL!
If you’re not good at crafts, so can’t do it yourself, I’ll make a pretty metal loopy thing that I’ll put through the hole at the top of the pendant, so you can hang it on a chain, leather cord, or whatever you prefer.
The bird is patterned on two traditionally painted wooden boxes that, during my childhood, were possibly some of my favorite things in the whole house: their sincere and evocative beauty stood out in a decor that, in a lot of ways, was 1950s bland. As far as I know, my father brought them back after World War II. I don’t know where he got them, perhaps Germany. There were birds on the boxes.
Faerie Shamanism—An Ecstatic Path
Seven-Week Teleseminar, 2015
Curriculum includes ecstatic ritual, Faerie wisdom, theoretical basics of Celtic Faerie Shamanism, and some of its more complex aspects.
Receive material to help you discover or deepen your Fey magic: Celtic Faerie Shamanism expresses itself differently in every practitioner. My job as a teacher is to help you build that personal expression, while I also offer techniques for your magical tool box.
Are you on a unique journey? The Faerie Shamanism class steadies your feet.
Also learn training practices and moral stances that increase pleasure. Gain the material satisfactions of an ecstatic practitioner and embrace wholeness, without being snared by addictions or illusions.
Suitable to complete novices, yet adepts learn material suited to them.
An Ecstatic Path is Third Road material (AKA channeled by moi, through rigorous yet joyful efforts) and a prerequisite for advanced Third Road training.
Classes are group phone meetings: just dial the phone to participate.
The group meets seven consecutive Tuesdays, 6:00 to 7:00 PM EST, starting Tuesday, April 21. Reserve Tues June 9, same time, for a makeup class in case I am unavailable for one of the planned sessions.
Tuition is $250. Pay half price, if you’ve taken this class before. You might also pay long-distance charges; it depends on your long-distance plan; charges appear on your phone bill. The event’s area code is a U.S. #.
Click here to enroll. Or pay by check. Upon receipt of payment, your place is reserved, and event phone #, etc., emailed to you. No refunds. For more info, or to discuss scholarship, trade, or payment plan, call me: 814-337-2490.
Long for ecstatic experience? Or enjoy life full-tilt but want to take it up a notch? Faerie Shamanism—An Ecstatic Path provides experiential wisdom-lessons available nowhere else. Click here to enroll now.